Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 486

  • Steve Schaper
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2001
      > The cover of the UK edition of HP & the Chamber of Secrets and a recent
      > pictorial in Country Life magazine both show Harry Potter's owl,
      > Hedwig. However, the owls shown, although white, are definitely barn
      > owls. I was under the impression Hedwig was a snowy owl. Is there a
      > textual reference to one species or the other or is Hedwig just a "white
      > owl"? Anyone know what kind they will use for the movie?
      >
      > Jim Robinson

      One gathers from the news, that the cast and crew are either high or hung-over, one doubts they are mentally alert enough to pay attention to these details :-(
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2001
        In a message dated 1/10/01 5:47:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        sschaper@... writes:

        << One gathers from the news, that the cast and crew are either high or
        hung-over, one doubts they are mentally alert enough to pay attention to
        these details :-( >>

        Really? Is this actually true (beyond, I mean, typical Hollywood
        befuddlement about reality)?

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 10, 2001

          sschaper@... writes:

          > One gathers from the news, that the cast and crew are either high or
          > hung-over, one doubts they are mentally alert enough to pay attention to
          > these details :-(

          Really? Is this actually true (beyond, I mean, typical Hollywood
          befuddlement about reality)? >>

          O.K., I see that you're talking about the following news story:

          > Warner Bros. Pictures confirmed Sunday that drug
          > paraphernalia was found at the movie studio outside
          > of London that is housing the production team for
          > "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone."
          >
          > The company, a unit of Time Warner Inc., said in a
          > statement that it immediately advised law enforcement
          > authorities of its findings at Leavesden Studios, which
          > had been closed for the holidays since Dec. 24.
          >
          > Warner Bros. said the items in question were not found
          > on, or near, any of the sets in use by the production of
          > the movie, which is based on the first book in J.K.
          > Rowling's popular series about the schoolboy wizard.

          Steve, could you ease back a little bit on your tendency to exaggerate?