Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 481

  • wyspergrove@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2001
      > "If you've never walked into a parking meter, you're wasting valuable
      > reading time."  -- Eloise Beltz-Decker

      Once, I ran into a table loaded with food and then continued to trip over the
      table leg which caused the table to fall over. That was so embarrassing!! I
      was reading Madeline L'engle's _A Ring of Endless Light_.

      As if that wasn't enough to teach me not to read while walking, I ran into a
      pole a few months later. I was reading Marion Zimmer Bradley's _The Mists of
      Avalon_.

      Do you think I stopped reading while walking after that? Not a chance- once
      I turn the first page I read it until I reach the back cover.

      -Kat

      Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
      http://webmail.netscape.com/
    • James P. Robinson III
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2001
        The cover of the UK edition of HP & the Chamber of Secrets and a recent
        pictorial in Country Life magazine both show Harry Potter's owl,
        Hedwig. However, the owls shown, although white, are definitely barn
        owls. I was under the impression Hedwig was a snowy owl. Is there a
        textual reference to one species or the other or is Hedwig just a "white
        owl"? Anyone know what kind they will use for the movie?

        Jim Robinson

        James P. Robinson III jprobins@...

        author. It may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with
        an attribution to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly
        given in writing.