Sharon Shinn

  • Diane Joy Baker
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2001
      Am looking for a good one to nominate for MFA, and came across Sharon
      Shinn's *Heart of Gold.* It's pretty good; has anyone read it? It's in
      trade paper and worth reading, though I'm not sure I should nominate; it's
      well done and kept my attention, but can be considered an allegorical
      treatment on racism in an SFnal context. Perhaps a little too
      p-front. ---djb.
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2001
        From: "Diane Joy Baker" <dianejoy@...>

        > Perhaps a little too p-front. ---djb.

        What is "p-front?"

        Berni
      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 7, 2001
          bernip@... writes:

          > > Perhaps a little too p-front. ---djb.
          >
          > What is "p-front?"

          When she turns to her side, the profile view of her front looks like this:

          Just guessing! and in fact, haven't seen the original post yet.

          Mary S
        • Diane Joy Baker
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2001
            > In a message dated 1/7/01 4:11:50 PM Central Standard Time,
            > bernip@... writes:
            >
            > > > Perhaps a little too p-front. ---djb.
            > >
            > > What is "p-front?"
            >
            > When she turns to her side, the profile view of her front looks like this:
            >
            > Just guessing! and in fact, haven't seen the original post yet.
            >
            > Mary S

            Should have been UP front. My computer tends to leave off a letter here and
            there.

            ---djb.
          • Diane Joy Baker
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 8, 2001