Re: [mythsoc] LORD OF THE RINGS STARS MARKED FOR LIFE

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
      In a message dated 1/3/01 12:39:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      verba001@... writes:

      << The cast also presented Jackson with a Hobbit-sized director's chair at
      the party,
      which took place on the Wellington waterfront in New Zealand, where the
      movies have been shooting for the last 15 months, E! reported. The cast
      worked long hours
      and six-day weeks throughout December to make the Dec. 22 deadline, with as
      many as five units working at once, the site reported. The wrap ended a
      274-day
      shoot. >>

      274 days doesn't equal 15 months. Can anyone explain the inconsistency here?

      Wendell Wagner
    • David S. Bratman
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
        Surely it means that they shot during 274 days over a 15-month period.
        Even the most stringently time-bounding filming is unlikely to be
        shooting every day: there are setups and such things.

        Incidentally, celebrating the end of a LOTR film shoot by getting
        yourself tattooed strikes me as a profoundly unTolkienian thing to do,
        but maybe that's just me.

        David Bratman

        On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 WendellWag@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 1/3/01 12:39:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        > verba001@... writes:
        >
        > << The cast also presented Jackson with a Hobbit-sized director's chair at
        > the party,
        > which took place on the Wellington waterfront in New Zealand, where the
        > movies have been shooting for the last 15 months, E! reported. The cast
        > worked long hours
        > and six-day weeks throughout December to make the Dec. 22 deadline, with as
        > many as five units working at once, the site reported. The wrap ended a
        > 274-day
        > shoot. >>
        >
        > 274 days doesn't equal 15 months. Can anyone explain the inconsistency here?
        >
        > Wendell Wagner

      • David S. Bratman
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
          I found this comment inserted in passing in a Usenet post on how to read
          while eating and doing similar activities, and I think it makes a good motto:

          "If you've never walked into a parking meter, you're wasting valuable
          reading time." -- Eloise Beltz-Decker

          David Bratman
        • Stolzi@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 5, 2001
            ingbrand@... writes:

            > So what was the problem with Sean Bean, who's playing
            > Boromir. Why didn't he
            > want to get the Fellowship
            > tattoo?

            I think he had left NZ - one article spoke of his plans to get the tattoo
            elsewhere.

            Mary S