Re: [mythsoc] LORD OF THE RINGS STARS MARKED FOR LIFE

  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
      Big deal. Celebs get tats all the time, and get them removed all the time
      too.
      It's a neat idea otherwise, though. I hope they have a fresh needle kit for
      each actor. And I don't know about secret designs.... it'll probably be
      available on the market for a ridiculous price soon enough.

      Lizzie
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
        In a message dated 1/3/01 12:39:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        verba001@... writes:

        << The cast also presented Jackson with a Hobbit-sized director's chair at
        the party,
        which took place on the Wellington waterfront in New Zealand, where the
        movies have been shooting for the last 15 months, E! reported. The cast
        worked long hours
        and six-day weeks throughout December to make the Dec. 22 deadline, with as
        many as five units working at once, the site reported. The wrap ended a
        274-day
        shoot. >>

        274 days doesn't equal 15 months. Can anyone explain the inconsistency here?

        Wendell Wagner
      • David S. Bratman
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
          Surely it means that they shot during 274 days over a 15-month period.
          Even the most stringently time-bounding filming is unlikely to be
          shooting every day: there are setups and such things.

          Incidentally, celebrating the end of a LOTR film shoot by getting
          yourself tattooed strikes me as a profoundly unTolkienian thing to do,
          but maybe that's just me.

          David Bratman

          On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 WendellWag@... wrote:

          > In a message dated 1/3/01 12:39:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          > verba001@... writes:
          >
          > << The cast also presented Jackson with a Hobbit-sized director's chair at
          > the party,
          > which took place on the Wellington waterfront in New Zealand, where the
          > movies have been shooting for the last 15 months, E! reported. The cast
          > worked long hours
          > and six-day weeks throughout December to make the Dec. 22 deadline, with as
          > many as five units working at once, the site reported. The wrap ended a
          > 274-day
          > shoot. >>
          >
          > 274 days doesn't equal 15 months. Can anyone explain the inconsistency here?
          >
          > Wendell Wagner

        • David S. Bratman
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
            I found this comment inserted in passing in a Usenet post on how to read
            while eating and doing similar activities, and I think it makes a good motto:

            "If you've never walked into a parking meter, you're wasting valuable
            reading time." -- Eloise Beltz-Decker

            David Bratman
          • Stolzi@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 5, 2001
              ingbrand@... writes:

              > So what was the problem with Sean Bean, who's playing
              > Boromir. Why didn't he
              > want to get the Fellowship
              > tattoo?

              I think he had left NZ - one article spoke of his plans to get the tattoo
              elsewhere.

              Mary S