Re: [mythsoc] LORD OF THE RINGS STARS MARKED FOR LIFE

  • Ingbrand
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2001
      -----

      In a message dated 1/3/01 12:39:51 PM Eastern Standard
      Time,
      verba001@... writes:

      Elijah Wood, Sean Astin,
      Dominic Monaghan, Billy Boyd,
      Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortensen, Ian McKellen
      and John Rhys-Davies were all
      tattooed with a Rings Brotherhood motif,
      designed especially by conceptual
      artist Alan Lee, at the production's
      invitation-only wrap party.

      Elijah Wood = Frodo
      Sean
      Astin = Sam
      Dominic Monaghan = Merry
      Billy Boyd =
      Pippin
      Orlando Bloom = Legolas
      Viggo Mortensen =
      Aragorn
      Ian McKellen = Gandalf
      John Rhys-Davies =
      Gimli

      So what was the problem with Sean Bean, who's playing
      Boromir. Why didn't he
      want to get the Fellowship
      tattoo?

      Wendell Wagner

      Is there any indication
      to the outside public as to the form of this tattoo? I would be interested to
      see the design. Understadably, if I were getting such a tattoo for being in such
      a production I would keep the design a secret...personaly.

      Ingbrand

    • ERATRIANO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
        Big deal. Celebs get tats all the time, and get them removed all the time
        too.
        It's a neat idea otherwise, though. I hope they have a fresh needle kit for
        each actor. And I don't know about secret designs.... it'll probably be
        available on the market for a ridiculous price soon enough.

        Lizzie
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
          In a message dated 1/3/01 12:39:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          verba001@... writes:

          << The cast also presented Jackson with a Hobbit-sized director's chair at
          the party,
          which took place on the Wellington waterfront in New Zealand, where the
          movies have been shooting for the last 15 months, E! reported. The cast
          worked long hours
          and six-day weeks throughout December to make the Dec. 22 deadline, with as
          many as five units working at once, the site reported. The wrap ended a
          274-day
          shoot. >>

          274 days doesn't equal 15 months. Can anyone explain the inconsistency here?

          Wendell Wagner
        • David S. Bratman
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
            Surely it means that they shot during 274 days over a 15-month period.
            Even the most stringently time-bounding filming is unlikely to be
            shooting every day: there are setups and such things.

            Incidentally, celebrating the end of a LOTR film shoot by getting
            yourself tattooed strikes me as a profoundly unTolkienian thing to do,
            but maybe that's just me.

            David Bratman

            On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 WendellWag@... wrote:

            > In a message dated 1/3/01 12:39:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            > verba001@... writes:
            >
            > << The cast also presented Jackson with a Hobbit-sized director's chair at
            > the party,
            > which took place on the Wellington waterfront in New Zealand, where the
            > movies have been shooting for the last 15 months, E! reported. The cast
            > worked long hours
            > and six-day weeks throughout December to make the Dec. 22 deadline, with as
            > many as five units working at once, the site reported. The wrap ended a
            > 274-day
            > shoot. >>
            >
            > 274 days doesn't equal 15 months. Can anyone explain the inconsistency here?
            >
            > Wendell Wagner

          • David S. Bratman
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
              I found this comment inserted in passing in a Usenet post on how to read
              while eating and doing similar activities, and I think it makes a good motto:

              "If you've never walked into a parking meter, you're wasting valuable
              reading time." -- Eloise Beltz-Decker

              David Bratman
            • Stolzi@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 5, 2001
                ingbrand@... writes:

                > So what was the problem with Sean Bean, who's playing
                > Boromir. Why didn't he
                > want to get the Fellowship
                > tattoo?

                I think he had left NZ - one article spoke of his plans to get the tattoo
                elsewhere.

                Mary S