Re: [mythsoc] LORD OF THE RINGS STARS MARKED FOR LIFE

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2001
      In a message dated 1/3/01 12:39:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      verba001@... writes:

      << Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Dominic Monaghan, Billy Boyd,
      Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortensen, Ian McKellen and John Rhys-Davies were all
      tattooed with a Rings Brotherhood motif, designed especially by conceptual
      artist Alan Lee, at the production's invitation-only wrap party. >>

      Elijah Wood = Frodo
      Sean Astin = Sam
      Dominic Monaghan = Merry
      Billy Boyd = Pippin
      Orlando Bloom = Legolas
      Viggo Mortensen = Aragorn
      Ian McKellen = Gandalf
      John Rhys-Davies = Gimli

      So what was the problem with Sean Bean, who's playing Boromir. Why didn't he
      want to get the Fellowship tattoo?

      Wendell Wagner
    • Ingbrand
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2001
        -----

        verba001@... writes:

[...]

        Is there any indication
        to the outside public as to the form of this tattoo? I would be interested to
        see the design. Understadably, if I were getting such a tattoo for being in such
        a production I would keep the design a secret...personaly.

        Ingbrand

      • ERATRIANO@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
          Big deal. Celebs get tats all the time, and get them removed all the time
          too.
          It's a neat idea otherwise, though. I hope they have a fresh needle kit for
          each actor. And I don't know about secret designs.... it'll probably be
          available on the market for a ridiculous price soon enough.

          Lizzie
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
            In a message dated 1/3/01 12:39:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            verba001@... writes:

            << The cast also presented Jackson with a Hobbit-sized director's chair at
            the party,
            which took place on the Wellington waterfront in New Zealand, where the
            movies have been shooting for the last 15 months, E! reported. The cast
            worked long hours
            and six-day weeks throughout December to make the Dec. 22 deadline, with as
            many as five units working at once, the site reported. The wrap ended a
            274-day
            shoot. >>

            274 days doesn't equal 15 months. Can anyone explain the inconsistency here?

            Wendell Wagner
          • David S. Bratman
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
              Surely it means that they shot during 274 days over a 15-month period.
              Even the most stringently time-bounding filming is unlikely to be
              shooting every day: there are setups and such things.

              Incidentally, celebrating the end of a LOTR film shoot by getting
              yourself tattooed strikes me as a profoundly unTolkienian thing to do,
              but maybe that's just me.

              David Bratman

              On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 WendellWag@... wrote:

              > In a message dated 1/3/01 12:39:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              > verba001@... writes:
              >
              > << The cast also presented Jackson with a Hobbit-sized director's chair at
              > the party,
              > which took place on the Wellington waterfront in New Zealand, where the
              > movies have been shooting for the last 15 months, E! reported. The cast
              > worked long hours
              > and six-day weeks throughout December to make the Dec. 22 deadline, with as
              > many as five units working at once, the site reported. The wrap ended a
              > 274-day
              > shoot. >>
              >
              > 274 days doesn't equal 15 months. Can anyone explain the inconsistency here?
              >
              > Wendell Wagner

            • David S. Bratman
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
                I found this comment inserted in passing in a Usenet post on how to read
                while eating and doing similar activities, and I think it makes a good motto:

                "If you've never walked into a parking meter, you're wasting valuable
                reading time." -- Eloise Beltz-Decker

                David Bratman
              • Stolzi@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 5, 2001
                  ingbrand@... writes:

                  > So what was the problem with Sean Bean, who's playing
                  > Boromir. Why didn't he
                  > want to get the Fellowship
                  > tattoo?

                  I think he had left NZ - one article spoke of his plans to get the tattoo
                  elsewhere.

                  Mary S