Re: [mythsoc] CS Lewis vs. LF Baum

  • Matthew Winslow
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2001
      Stolzi@... [Stolzi@...] wrote:
      > This Salon article is featured on one of AOL's subscriber pages - a
      > miscellany called LIFE, The Lighter Side of News. Go figure.
      >
      > This time the picture came up on the Salon page and it is the D***dest thing,
      > I don't even know what it's supposed to signify.

      I would think it is Aslan punching out the Cowardly Lion, since as we know,
      Narnia is so superior to Oz. Just ask the article's author. <g>

      "When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and
      clothes."
      --Desiderius Erasmus
      Currently reading: Faith and Wealth by Justo Gonzalez
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2001
        For me, the interesting thing about the _Salon_ article is that it's just one
        more piece of evidence that there are people there who think that fantasy is
        just as important as mainstream fiction. There are certainly mistakes and
        odd opinions in the article, but at least they are willing to discuss fantasy
        (even children's fantasy) on the same level as other fiction. Remember,
        _Salon_ is the magazine where they have a bunch of Tolkien fans.