Re: [mythsoc] New member

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2001
      In a message dated 01/01/2001 8:10:26 AM Central Standard Time,
      dianejoy@... writes:

      > I'd recommend *The
      > Place of the Lion* for Williams. It's his most accessible work.

      Hummm? I'd say WAR IN HEAVEN, myself.

      Mary S
    • Elizabeth Hardy
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hello everyone,
        I just wanted to introduce myself, as I have finally gotten round to joining up. I'm Elizabeth Baird Hardy. I teach English at a western North Carolina Community College, and my scholarly (and non-scholarly) interests lie primarily with Lewis, Rowling, Spenser, and Milton. I am also an Appalachian storyteller and historic interpreter. I may have met some folks at conferences such as the 2003 one in Nashville and at the Witching Hour in 2005 (I presented at each). I am looking forward to chatting with everyone any time when I am not floundering under a pile of ungraded research papers, building train tracks with my son, or reading proofs for my husband, who is a writer and historian.
        Elizabeth

      • Berni Phillips
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
          Welcome, Elizabeth! The storytelling is interesting, but I've never heard anyone call themselves a historic interpreter before. What is that like? Is it a more folksy thing or scholarly?

          Berni

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
            Thanks for the welcome! The storytelling and historic interpreting go together sometimes. My place and period is 1850s-1870s Appalachia. I dress as a woman from that time period (along with my family), and we volunteer at museums, schools, and other programs to help people better understand history. It's a wonderful way to better appreciate the past and to teach others about it.

            Berni Phillips <bernip@...> wrote: Welcome, Elizabeth! The storytelling is interesting, but I've never heard anyone call themselves a historic interpreter before. What is that like? Is it a more folksy thing or scholarly?

            Berni

            >From: Elizabeth Hardy <britomart3@...>

            > I just wanted to introduce myself, as I have finally gotten round to joining up. I'm Elizabeth Baird Hardy. I teach English at a western North Carolina Community College, and my scholarly (and non-scholarly) interests lie primarily with Lewis, Rowling, Spenser, and Milton. I am also an Appalachian storyteller and historic interpreter.

            Writing book Writing a book Writing child book Book writing software Science fiction and fantasy Writing a book report