Re: [mythsoc] Movie Recommendation

  • Trudy Shaw
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2000
      This movie has been getting wonderful reviews. The reviewer on Good Morning
      America (Joel something?) put it on his list of top ten films of the year
      last week, and this week said he thought it could very well be the best
      movie of the year.

      But, sigh, we're still waiting for it to hit Omaha. With the closing of one
      excellent several-screen theater last year, we're now left with only one
      theater that shows films other than the ones that get big media hype.
      Pretty bad for a metro area of about 400,000.

      In the meantime, I'm making do with the soundtrack. Not only is the music
      outstanding (including cello solos by Yo-Yo Ma)--the titles of many of the
      tracks are making me even more impatient for the film: "The Eternal Vow,"
      "Silk Road," "In the Old Temple," "Yearning of the Sword."

      It's surprising how much I'm looking forward to it, considering I've gone to
      only two movies in a theater over the past five years (guess it's partly my
      fault that theater closed). I'd be interested in other group members'
      opinions on it--but no "spoilers," please, unless they're marked!

      -- Trudy