LORD OF THE RINGS TEASERS TO TRIAL 'THIRTEEN DAYS'

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 25, 2000
      LORD OF THE RINGS TEASERS TO TRIAL 'THIRTEEN DAYS'

      Fantasy meets reality Jan. 12, 2000 when New Line premieres the teaser
      trailers to its The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring attached
      exclusively to certain prints of their 60s Cuban Missile Crisis drama
      Thirteen Days.
      Days, starring Kevin Costner as a top John Fitzgerald Kennedy aide during
      the tense 1962 nuclear standoff with Cuba, opens in limited run on Monday
      then goes wide on the 12th.

      The adaptation of the first installment of J.R. Tolkien´┐Żs fantasy trilogy,
      Lord stars Elijah Wood, as lead hobbit Frodo, as well as Sean Astin, Ian
      Holm, Ian McKellen and Cate Blanchett. Budgeted at $150 million, the film
      will spawn a series of Marvel action toys ready for the its holiday release
      in December 2001.

      The official Lord site will also be re-launched Jan. 12 in
      multiple-language
      formats. New Line will post The Lord of the Rings theatrical poster online.
      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
      List Administrator for DocEx, Mythsoc,
      MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 26, 2000
        In a message dated 12/25/2000 6:54:16 PM Central Standard Time,
        verba001@... writes:

        > lead hobbit Frodo,

        For one crazy moment I misread this as "lean hobbit Frodo" :)

        Mary S
      • Trudy Shaw
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 26, 2000
          > In a message dated 12/25/2000 6:54:16 PM Central Standard Time,
          > verba001@... writes:
          >
          > > lead hobbit Frodo,
          >
          > For one crazy moment I misread this as "lean hobbit Frodo" :)
          >
          > Mary S

          Well, he _is_ predominantly Fallohide, after all.

          -- Trudy