Info regarding nomination

  • Trish Lewis
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 1998
      Ellie:

      I'll let you know more when I finish, but here's some preliminary things
      I can tell you right now:

      Full Title: "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"
      Author: J.K. Rowling
      Publication: October 1998
      Publisher: Scholastic Press
      Opening Line: "Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet
      Drive, were proud to say that they were
      perfectly normal, thank you very much."
      Synopsis on flyleaf: "Harry potter has never been the star of a
      Quidditch team, scoring points while riding a broom far above the
      ground. He knows no spells, has never helped to hatch a dragon, and has
      never worn a cloak of invisibility. All he knows is a miserable life
      with the Dursleys, his horrible aunt and uncle, and their abominable
      son, Dudley--a great big swollen spoiled bully. Harry's room is a tiny
      closet at the foot of the stairs, and he hasn't had a birthday party in
      eleven years. But all that is about to change when a mysterious letter
      arrives by owl messenger: a letter with an invitation to an incredible
      place that Harry--and anyone who reads about him--will find
      unforgettable. For it's there that he finds not only friends, aerial
      sports, and magic in everything from alsses to meals, but a great
      destiny that's been waiting for him...if Harry can survive the
      encounter."
      One Review: "Harry Potter could assume the same near-legencary status
      as Roald Dahl's Charlie, of chocolate factory fame."
      Online Reviews (Book Reviews and Customers):
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0590353403/qid=912993957/sr=1-2/002-2193534-2777055

    • LeslieJ55@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 1998
        What!!! Has never worn the cloak of invisibility? how sad.

        Sounds like a great book.

        Leslie(new and not new, but that's a long story)