Amazon.com order problems

  • Eleanor Farrell
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2000
      Grace Funk wrote:

      International members, beware of ordering from Amazon through the
      Mythsoc link!
      Because the society benefits, I tried to do so. I got a severe reply
      saying that my bank had refused by credit card. Patiently, I reentered
      the number. Same thing again. (I have an account with Amazon, I have
      been ordering from them for several years, using the same credit card
      number.) What to do? I tried to phone their 800 number. After being left
      on hold for 20 minutes, I decided they didn't really wanto to talk to
      me. Then I sent an indignant reply by e-mail, saying that my bank had
      certainbly not refused my credit card, and would they please correct the
      glitches in their system. No response (I didn't really expect one.)
      Then I went directly to Amazon using my own (Canadian ) server, and
      once again reentered the (same) number. All is well. The automatic
      message thanked me for my "new" number, and my order is on its way.
      Maybe only my credit card company is so nationalistic, but I thought I'd
      pass on the warning. Grace E. Funk

      Grace and others:

      This is the first problem I've heard about regarding Amazon.com orders
      through the Mythopoeic Society web site. I'd appreciate hearing about any
      problems as I can then try to get them corrected. Grace, if you'll contact me
      privately and give me the exact link(s) you used and other details, I can pass
      this on and see what happened.

      We certainly appreciate Society members who are using our links to help
      benefit the Society, and certainly don't want to make ordering difficult for you!

      Thanks,

      Ellie Farrell
      MythSoc web administrator
      emfarrell@...