Amazon orders

  • Grace E. Funk
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2000
      International members, beware of ordering from Amazon through the
      Mythsoc link!
      Because the society benefits, I tried to do so. I got a severe reply
      saying that my bank had refused by credit card. Patiently, I reentered
      the number. Same thing again. (I have an account with Amazon, I have
      been ordering from them for several years, using the same credit card
      number.) What to do? I tried to phone their 800 number. After being left
      on hold for 20 minutes, I decided they didn't really wanto to talk to
      me. Then I sent an indignant reply by e-mail, saying that my bank had
      certainbly not refused my credit card, and would they please correct the
      glitches in their system. No response (I didn't really expect one.)
      Then I went directly to Amazon using my own (Canadian ) server, and
      once again reentered the (same) number. All is well. The automatic
      message thanked me for my "new" number, and my order is on its way.
      Maybe only my credit card company is so nationalistic, but I thought I'd
      pass on the warning. Grace E. Funk