Re: [mythsoc] Compass and Knife

  • intyalin@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2000
      Diane Joy Baker wrote:
      > ("An atheist [or > anti-theist] should be careful of the company
      he keeps." ---JRRT) ---djb.

      I don't recall seeing this excellent quote by JRRT before.
      Could you tell me where it's from? Many thanks. JRRT
      is, of course, absolutely right!

      - Kevin (Intyalin)

      "The atheist staring from his attic window is often nearer to God
      than the believer caught up in his own false image of God."
      - Martin Buber

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2000
        In a message dated 12/6/00 7:06:22 AM Eastern Standard Time, intyalin@...
        writes:

        << Diane Joy Baker wrote:
        > ("An atheist [or > anti-theist] should be careful of the company
        he keeps." ---JRRT) ---djb.

        I don't recall seeing this excellent quote by JRRT before.
        Could you tell me where it's from? Many thanks. JRRT
        is, of course, absolutely right!

        Are you sure that it's from Tolkien? There's a very simillar quotation by C.
        S. Lewis.