Fwd: Tolkien

  • Matthew Winslow
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2000
      Is there anyone out there who can help Ms. Stryker? If so, please contact her
      directly.

      Thanks,

      matt

      ----- Forwarded message from "Patricia L. Stryker" <pennybox@...> -----

      > From: "Patricia L. Stryker" <pennybox@...>
      > To: <mwinslow@...>
      > Subject: Tolkien
      > Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 16:18:52 -0800
      >
      > Hello,
      >
      > My name is Patricia Stryker. I own a used book store in Kirkland, WA. I recently acquired an extensive collection of Tolkien pieces, including 4 games in their original boxes, four sets of pewter gaming pieces in heavy plastic tote carriers, two sets of pewter game pieces in cardboard boxes with all pieces and foam intact, an exhaustive library of books on and about and written by Tolkien. As far as I've been able to tell, the gaming pieces are all original. Many of the books are first American editions which include anniversary editions, boxed sets illustrated by various artists, etc.
      >
      > My question - finally - is how do I go about determining value?
      >
      > If you have any suggestions, please let me know and I thank you for any help you can extend.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Patricia Stryker
      > Owner
      > Penny Box Books
      > pennybox@...
      > 425-820-0226

      ----- End forwarded message -----

      "When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and
      clothes."
      --Desiderius Erasmus
      Currently reading: Crossing the Postmodern Divide by Albert Borgmann