JACKSON GOING "INSANE" OVER THREE RINGS CIRCUS

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2000
      JACKSON GOING "INSANE" OVER THREE RINGS CIRCUS

      Director Peter Jackson has discussed the difficulty of shooting three
      feature episodes of Lord of the Rings simultaneously. At a news conference
      Tuesday in New Zealand, where Jackson began shooting the three films one
      year ago, he remarked, "I'm about to go insane." He then explained the
      difficulties of trying to keep track of continuity: "Any movie you shoot,
      you shoot out of sequence and what we have done is have three movies
      shooting out of sequence completely." He said that he expects filming to be
      completed on schedule on Dec. 22, allowing him to begin work after the
      first
      of the year on post-production special effects. The first film is due to be
      released at Christmas 2001, with the other two films to follow at yearly
      intervals.

      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
      List Administrator for DocEx, Mythsoc,
      MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists