RINGS WILL WRAP ON TIME

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2000
      RINGS WILL WRAP ON TIME

      Director Peter Jackson told the New Zealand Press Association that his epic
      film trilogy The Lord of the Rings would indeed wrap principal photography
      on Dec. 22, despite rumors that it would run long. The three movies--based
      on J.R.R. Tolkien's three novels of the same name--will have shot for 14
      months in the kiwi nation, Jackson said.

      "For the last year, the best moments for me have been when I've had a quiet
      moment in a corner--waiting for a camera to be set up or something--I'm
      sitting there and it dawns on me from time to time that here I am at Bag
      End, or here I am at Helm's Deep, and there's Aragorn there, or Gandalf or
      Frodo," Jackson said.

      Elijah Wood, who plays the trilogy's hero, Frodo Baggins, told the wire
      service that there was an advantage to filming for so long. "The great
      thing
      about taking so long to make a film like this is we've all been able to
      live
      with our characters for such a long period of time," Wood said. "I've been
      able to see my character through all its changes and all the growth."
      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
      List Administrator for DocEx, Mythsoc,
      MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists