LORD OFTHE RINGS SCORES IN APRIL 2001

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2000
      LORD OFTHE RINGS SCORES IN APRIL 2001

      TheOneRing.Net scores information about the score of LOTR. Hit them for the
      long list of contributors to the project:
      The New Zealand Symphony Orchestra will be recording the soundtrack
      (presumably only to the Fellowship) in April 2000.
      Musicians - The entire New Zealand Symphony Orchestra, see below. I don't
      know who will be conducting it. Possibly Howard Shore himself, I guess, if
      he does much conducting.

      Places - Possibly in the Michael Fowler Centre, or in a recording studio
      further up near Courtenay Place. I'm not sure which they use for
      professional recording gigs.

      Dates - A number of dates in the first weeks of April (I only had a very
      brief glance at their callsheet). These are "booked solid", so it's
      definitely going to happen then.

      I know quite a few of the players in the NZSO, but they won't get the music
      until a week or so before I should think.

      That's really all I know. I doubt Howard has even started on the music yet
      -
      these things tend to get done very quickly indeed.

      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
      List Administrator for DocEx, Mythsoc,
      MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists