Re: [mythsoc] Redwall... Duncton.... Watership.... animals

  • Margaret Dean
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2000
      ERATRIANO@... wrote:

      > Watership Down is perhaps a more polished work, with fewer loose
      > ends and rough spots, I'll agree it's a classic. I wasn't as keen on the
      > sequel, but perhaps that was due to being so much older when I read it.

      Well, I was considerably older too, but I agree with you; TALES
      FROM WATERSHIP DOWN mostly didn't do it for me. With the
      exception of "The Story of King Fur-Rocious," I thought the
      stories were either rather pointless or far =too= pointed.

      --Margaret Dean
      <margdean@...>
    • Diane Joy Baker
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2000
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2000
          In a message dated 11/09/2000 12:24:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          dianejoy@... writes:

          << I only know about *Duncton Woods* which I read with great enjoyment. Any
          other titles you can pass my way? ---djb. >>

          There's The Stonor Eagles, I think it's called, as was recently mentioned.
          Also:
          Callanish
          Skallagrigg
          Duncton Quest
          Duncton Found
          Duncton Rising
          Duncton Tales

          It's been several years now, but I think I've read them all but 'Tales. Also
          there was a book coming out when I got my last mailing from Horwood. I think
          it was called The Wolves of Europe, or something like that. I also think
          that Callanish and Skallagrigg may not be regular folksy animal stories. I
          haven't seen them.

          Lizzie
        • alexeik@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 9, 2000
            In a message dated 11/9/0 5:50:43 PM, Lizzie wrote:

            <<I also think
            that Callanish and Skallagrigg may not be regular folksy animal stories.>>

            I haven't read _Callanish_, but _Skallagrigg_ is a peculiar story about a
            role-playing game.
            Alexei