Re: [mythsoc] E-books - review copy

  • Paul F. Labaki
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2000
      Just curious, Ellie, does it come in a format that those of us using Apple
      computers can read?
      Peace,
      Paul Labaki

      > From: Eleanor Farrell <emfarrell@...>
      > Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 18:39:05 -0800
      > To: mythsoc@egroups.com
      > Subject: [mythsoc] E-books - review copy
      >
      > Thanks to everyone who's been sending in their comments about e-books (in
      > general and vis a vis the Mythopoeic Awards). I've just received a review
      > copy of a book on CD-ROM, _Nessie and the Living Stone_ by Lois June
      > Wickstrom and Jean Lorrah (www.crossroadspub.com). Would anyone on the list
      > like to look at this for possible review? If so, please contact me off the
      > list and I'll be happy to mail it to you.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Ellie
      > emfarrell@...

      > **
      > Eleanor M. Farrell
      > Editor, Mythprint
      > P.O. Box 320486
      > San Francisco, CA 94132-0486
      > E-mail: emfarrell@...
      >
      > Mythprint: Mythopoeic Society newsletter
      > Mythopoeic Society web site: http://www.mythsoc.org
      > **

    • Eleanor Farrell
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2000
        Paul and others interested,

        The CD-ROM has PDF and HTML versions (for viewing in a browser). These
        are picture books so the PDFs are a better format (ie, easier access),
        but (in my opinion, at least) the production values for this
        particular CD-ROM are pretty shoddy.

        Ellie

        ********