Diana Wynne Jones web article

  • Eleanor Farrell
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2000
      List members may be interested in a recent article by Diana Wynne Jones on
      "The Magic of Narnia", which can be read at:

      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-91955/103-9506236-9461408

      (I think it's linked from one of the main site pages, also.)

      Ellie
    • Ted Sherman
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2000
        The link didn't work for me--didnt' take me to an essay at least.

        Ted

        Eleanor Farrell wrote:

        > List members may be interested in a recent article by Diana Wynne Jones on
        > "The Magic of Narnia", which can be read at:
        >
        > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-91955/103-9506236-9461408
        >
        > (I think it's linked from one of the main site pages, also.)
        >
        > Ellie

        Dr. Theodore James Sherman, Editor
        Mythopoeic Literature
        Box X041, Department of English
        Middle Tennessee State University
        Murfreesboro, TN 37132
        615 898-5836; FAX 615 898-5098
        tsherman@...
        tedsherman@...
      • Eleanor Farrell
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 30, 2000
          --- In mythsoc@egroups.com, Ted Sherman <tedsherman@h...> wrote:
          > The link didn't work for me--didnt' take me to an essay at least.
          >
          > Ted
          >
          > Eleanor Farrell wrote:
          >
          > > List members may be interested in a recent article by Diana Wynne
          Jones on
          > > "The Magic of Narnia", which can be read at:

          http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-91955/103-9506236-946140

          Well, once you get there, it's the correct URL, but I guess you can't
          get there from here, or something. How annoying! Try browsing the
          book section from the Amazon.com home page (http://www.amazon.com, or
          go through the link on the Mythopoeic Society site), go to "Science
          Fiction and Fantasy". There's a link to the article on that page (at
          least there was a few minutes ago...).

          Ell
        • David S. Bratman
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 30, 2000
            Try:

            http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/91955/104-3816953-9168737

            which worked for me and is ever so slightly different from the one Ellie
            gave. (No evil deity in a fantasy novel is more unforgiving of error
            than the World Wide Web.)

            It's a good article, and while generally highly praising of Narnia also
            fairly and reasonably discusses what she considers the books' problems -
            which are not the usual litany of complaints.

            David Bratman