Re:Is this OT or not?

  • wyspergrove@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2000
      Anything that allows one to limit their imagination limits creativity.
      Granted, it takes much imagination to create these sophisticated toys and
      games, but the user uses more of the creator's imagination than their own.
      (It reminds me of the characters in "Brave New World." *shudder*)

      <Just wondering, as the holiday barrage of TV ads is really only
      beginning....>
      I have noticed that TV in general limits interaction and creativity. Ever
      since August, I have had no TV (there was not enough room for one in my
      dorm); though, I have experienced more freedom, and I am making better grades
      in my classes. (I do miss the Japanese animation- I was getting interested in
      them- but I don't miss the commercials!)
      Is there a connection between young children watching TV (instead of
      their parents reading to them) and increased illiteracy?

      Kat
      "Aredhel, Tel√ępwen"

      Currently Reading: "The True Annals of Fairyland in the reign of King Herla"