is this OT or not?

  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2000
      Does anyone else find the increasing number of "interactive" toys (I don't
      mean just electronic games, but animated dolls and robotic dogs) to be more
      indicative of our alienation from each other as individuals than any sort of
      demand for sophisticated toys? Is it me being afraid of new things, or do
      these kind of toys almost curtail real creativity in imaginative play? I
      know, as kids most of us would rather have read a book anyway....

      Just wondering, as the holiday barrage of TV ads is really only beginning....

      OTOH, I may buy a personalized "Harry Potter" Christmas stocking for my
      husband's godson....

      Lizzie