SStar Wars trade dispute

  • Robert and Jane Bigelow
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 1999
      Friends,

      Trade disputes banal? Well, only in the sense that much of life is banal.
      TD may not have *caused* the American Revolution, for example, but they
      were certainly instrumental. Barbara Tuchman's _March of Folly_ has some
      interesting things to say on the subject.

      After reading this list's discussion, I've decided to brave the lines and
      go see Phantom Menace for myself. Maybe the lines have shortened a little.
      Maybe I'll go on a Sunday morning & declare popcorn to be a breakfast
      food. Hey, it's a grain, isn't it? Can't be worse than some of the
      cereals on the grocery shelf.

      Thrashing through the lit'rary thickets,

      Jane
    • Jim Bohannon
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 1999
        > From: Robert and Jane Bigelow <bigelow@...>

        > After reading this list's discussion, I've decided to brave the lines and
        > go see Phantom Menace for myself. Maybe the lines have shortened a little.
        > Maybe I'll go on a Sunday morning & declare popcorn to be a breakfast
        > food. Hey, it's a grain, isn't it? Can't be worse than some of the
        > cereals on the grocery shelf.

        Jane,

        The movie is great, a mon avis!!! Popcorn is a very nutricious
        breakfast food! Just pour some in a bowl and top it with milk and
        sugar. You may have to take your own bowl and milk to the movie theater
        though. ;-)

        Jim
      • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 25, 1999
          > > From: Robert and Jane Bigelow <bigelow@...>
          >
          > > After reading this list's discussion, I've decided to brave the lines and
          > > go see Phantom Menace for myself. Maybe the lines have shortened a
          little.

          I went to see TREKKIES at a multiplex, early afternoon showing, and was the
          ONLY person there. They showed the whole thing, just for little ole me!
          Strange feeling it was. Interesting movie, though.

          Mary S