E-books - review copy

  • Eleanor Farrell
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2000
      Thanks to everyone who's been sending in their comments about e-books (in
      general and vis a vis the Mythopoeic Awards). I've just received a review
      copy of a book on CD-ROM, _Nessie and the Living Stone_ by Lois June
      Wickstrom and Jean Lorrah (www.crossroadspub.com). Would anyone on the list
      like to look at this for possible review? If so, please contact me off the
      list and I'll be happy to mail it to you.

      Cheers,

      Ellie
      emfarrell@...

      Eleanor M. Farrell
      Editor, Mythprint
      P.O. Box 320486
      San Francisco, CA 94132-0486
      E-mail: emfarrell@...

      Mythprint: Mythopoeic Society newsletter
    • Mary Kay Kare
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 22, 2000
        Eleanor Farrell wrote:

        > Thanks to everyone who's been sending in their comments about e-books (in
        > general and vis a vis the Mythopoeic Awards). I've just received a review
        > copy of a book on CD-ROM, _Nessie and the Living Stone_ by Lois June
        > Wickstrom and Jean Lorrah (www.crossroadspub.com). Would anyone on the list
        > like to look at this for possible review? If so, please contact me off the
        > list and I'll be happy to mail it to you.

        Heard from anybody yet? Is it Mac compatible?

        MKK
      • Paul F. Labaki
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2000
          Just curious, Ellie, does it come in a format that those of us using Apple
          computers can read?
          Peace,
          Paul Labaki

          > From: Eleanor Farrell <emfarrell@...>
          > Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 18:39:05 -0800
          > To: mythsoc@egroups.com
          > Subject: [mythsoc] E-books - review copy
          >
          > Thanks to everyone who's been sending in their comments about e-books (in
          > general and vis a vis the Mythopoeic Awards). I've just received a review
          > copy of a book on CD-ROM, _Nessie and the Living Stone_ by Lois June
          > Wickstrom and Jean Lorrah (www.crossroadspub.com). Would anyone on the list
          > like to look at this for possible review? If so, please contact me off the
          > list and I'll be happy to mail it to you.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Ellie
          > emfarrell@...

          > **
          > Eleanor M. Farrell
          > Editor, Mythprint
          > P.O. Box 320486
          > San Francisco, CA 94132-0486
          > E-mail: emfarrell@...
          >
          > Mythprint: Mythopoeic Society newsletter
          > Mythopoeic Society web site: http://www.mythsoc.org
          > **

        • Eleanor Farrell
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2000
            Paul and others interested,

            The CD-ROM has PDF and HTML versions (for viewing in a browser). These
            are picture books so the PDFs are a better format (ie, easier access),
            but (in my opinion, at least) the production values for this
            particular CD-ROM are pretty shoddy.

            Ellie

            ********