On E Books

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2000
      >Because anyone can set up an _electronic publishing house_ and put out a
      >book, even a writer
      >may do so quite simply, some standards must be set by organizations for
      >these publishers.

      For the Mythopoeic Fantasy awards, a book must be nominated by a Mythopoeic
      Society member. For that reason, I wouldn't anticipate being overwhelmed by
      e-book nominations.

      Setting a standard such as having 5000 books printed (or sold) of an
      e-book would seem to me to bring up the question as to why an e-book might
      have to meet that standard, whereas, say, a small press print publisher
      would not have to meet that standard. (Certainly the Mythopoeic Press could
      not meet that standard.)

      Nonetheless, setting minimum standards is an issue to consider.

      Joan

      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
      List Administrator for DocEx, Mythsoc, MNSCBWI and
      MNSCREENW lists
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 22, 2000
        How does one verify publication date on e-books? That is another part of
        the eligibility requirements for the MFA.

        Berni