Stone Troll

  • David Emerson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2014
      Apologies for the redundancy to those of you who are also following the Mythsoc Facebook group, but ....

      Discovered last night, while playing with my rock band, that if you leave out the extra lines like "Done by! Gum by!", then Tolkien's "The Stone Troll" can be sung to a blues progression. JRRT is now spinning in his grave.

      (And to paraphrase Janet Brennan Croft: Roll over, John Ronald, and give Jack Lewis the news.)

      David Emerson
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 23, 2014
        A number for a future "Lord of the Ringos", then.

        >Apologies for the redundancy to those of you who are also following the Mythsoc Facebook group, but ....
        >
        >Discovered last night, while playing with my rock band, that if you leave out the extra lines like "Done by! Gum by!", then Tolkien's "The Stone Troll" can be sung to a blues progression. JRRT is now spinning in his grave.
        >
        >(And to paraphrase Janet Brennan Croft: Roll over, John Ronald, and give Jack Lewis the news.)
        >
        >David Emerson
        >

        >------------------------------------
        >Posted by: David Emerson <emerdavid@...>
        >------------------------------------

        >------------------------------------
        >
        >Yahoo Groups Links

      • Mike Foster
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23, 2014
          As sung by Blind Tom Troll.

          E is a good key for the blues.

          Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2014 5:24 AM
          Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Stone Troll

          A number for a future "Lord of the Ringos", then.

          >Apologies for the redundancy to those of you who are also
          following the Mythsoc Facebook group, but ....

          >Discovered last
          night, while playing with my rock band, that if you leave out the extra lines like "Done by! Gum by!", then Tolkien's "The Stone Troll" can be sung to a blues progression. JRRT is now spinning in his grave.

          >(And to
          paraphrase Janet Brennan Croft: Roll over, John Ronald, and give Jack Lewis the news.)

          >David
          Emerson

          by: David Emerson <emerdavid@...>

          Mythopoeic Society website http://www.mythsoc.org