Charter

  • wyspergrove@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2000
      I am interested in starting a Mythopoeic Society at my College. What do I
      need to include in the Charter? Also, what activities could be carried out
      during a regular meeting?

      -Kat
    • Edith Crowe
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2000
        Dear Kat--

        wyspergrove@... wrote:

        > I am interested in starting a Mythopoeic Society at my College. What do I
        > need to include in the Charter?

        Anyone interested in starting a chartered Mythopoeic Society Discussion Group
        needs to contact Matt Winslow, our Secretary for Discussion Groups. His address
        and email, as well as information about current groups, can be found at
        http://www.mythsoc.org/discgroups.html

        > Also, what activities could be carried out during a regular meeting?

        These groups are primarily book discussion groups focusing on fantasy in
        general and the Inklings in particular. Other common activities include
        schmoozing, eating, making bad puns (or good ones), eating, arguing, drinking
        (though not necessarily alcohol), eating, playing with resident cats, moving
        furniture (thanks, Khazad-dum), testing new recipes, attending Lotd of the
        Rings movies in a group (or other appropriate events), reading to each other
        out loud, and did I mention eating?

        Edith