Tolkien Bibliography wanted

  • Nagy Gergely
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24 3:40 AM
      Could anybody help me out with this bit....

      I am looking for a good thorough Tolkien bibliography on the internet.
      Circa a year ago I remember I found one, but didn't bookmark it, and I
      can't find it now. Nor do I have the time to go through the whole of the
      Ultimate Information Page. Could anybody tell me where to find one?
      I need a 'de Tolkien' bibliography, though, and I am now not interested in
      a listing of works -by- him. Even if it doesn't contain all the stuff that
      appeared in Mythlore and Mallorn, I would be grateful for a good listing
      of critical studies. Most preferably recent ones.

      Thanks in advance,

      Gergely Nagy
      Jozsef Attila University
      Szeged, Hungary
    • FrMacKen@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24 2:58 PM
        I know not of any published bibliography of Tolkien anywhere. All I can say
        is visit the local book faires and anything such as that.
        Ron
      • Ted Sherman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24 5:27 PM
          Well, there is Richard West's (Richard, are you out there) 1981 bibliography,
          entitled Tolkien Criticism: An Annotated Checklist Revised Ed. (Kent State UP,
          ISBN 0873382560).

          It seems to me that there's also a more recent bibliography/checklist, but I
          can't remember an author or title.

          Ted

          PS: About the earlier request for submission for a fall issue of Mythlore: the
          deadline is 1 October, and the submissions should follow MLA style as outlined
          in the MLA Handbook (fourth or fifth edition).