Re: [mythsoc] The Amber Spyglass, Amazon alert

  • Ted Sherman
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10, 2000
      11.97$ The price they quoted me, and shipped at, was 17 something!

      Ted

      Stolzi@... wrote:

      > The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, No 3)
      >
      > by Philip Pullman
      >
      > Our Price: $11.97
      > -- You Save:$7.98 (40%)
      >
      > Publication date: October 10, 2000
      > Binding: Hardcover
      > Subjects: Fantasy; Fantasy fiction; Fiction - Fantasy
      > ISBN: 0679879269
      > More Info: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679879269/ref=s_e5
      >
      > But I should perhaps be fair and also send you to
      > <A HREF="http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/amazon.html">Boycott Amazon! - GNU
      > Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)</A>
      >
      > Anyway, the book is out, that's the main point. Myself, I have a library
      > hold on it.
      >
      > Mary S

      Dr. Theodore James Sherman, Editor
      Mythopoeic Literature
      Box X041, Department of English
      Middle Tennessee State University
      Murfreesboro, TN 37132
      615 898-5836; FAX 615 898-5098
      tsherman@...
      tedsherman@...
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 10, 2000
        From: <Stolzi@...>

        > The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, No 3)
        >
        > by Philip Pullman
        > Anyway, the book is out, that's the main point. Myself, I have a library
        > hold on it.
        >
        > Mary S

        I was pleased when, at work today, a co-worker asked if I wanted to read it.
        She had ordered it and said I could read it after her. Of course, I said
        yes! (She's a 40-year-old engineer who's single and lives with her parents.
        She can afford to spend lots of money on lots of books.)

        Berni
      • Ted Sherman
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2000
          A colleague of mine who's on the childlit discussion list says The Amber
          Spyglass has been praised widely on that list by folks who received advance
          copies. Her comments were: those who have read the book have simply said, WOW!

          Looking forward to getting it.

          ted

          Berni Phillips wrote:

          > From: <Stolzi@...>
          >
          > > The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, No 3)
          > >
          > > by Philip Pullman
          > > Anyway, the book is out, that's the main point. Myself, I have a library
          > > hold on it.
          > >
          > > Mary S
          >
          > I was pleased when, at work today, a co-worker asked if I wanted to read it.
          > She had ordered it and said I could read it after her. Of course, I said
          > yes! (She's a 40-year-old engineer who's single and lives with her parents.
          > She can afford to spend lots of money on lots of books.)
          >
          > Berni

          Dr. Theodore James Sherman, Editor
          Mythopoeic Literature
          Box X041, Department of English
          Middle Tennessee State University
          Murfreesboro, TN 37132
          615 898-5836; FAX 615 898-5098
          tsherman@...
          tedsherman@...
        • Sophie Masson
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 11, 2000
            Lucky you, living in US! We don't get the book till weeks yet..
            Sophie
            Author site:
            http://www.northnet.com.au/~smasson