Re: [mythsoc] Selling the furniture? [1 Attachment]

  • wendell_wagner
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2014
      My apologies to John.  I didn't mean to include an attachment to my post.  I don't know how that got included.

      Wendell Wagner
    • John Rateliff
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2014
        On Jul 8, 2014, at 6:30 AM, WendellWag@... [mythsoc] wrote:
        My apologies to John.  I didn't mean to include an attachment to my post.  I don't know how that got included.

        Wendell Wagner

        Not a problem, Wendell. The full post is now up, and the attachment is easily ignored by anybody not interested in the topic.

        Re. Joy Gresham's selling all the furniture, so that her husband came home to an empty house, (1) I suspect she considered she was due whatever she could get as child support, and (2) I never cease to be amazed by the cruelty some people going through a bad breakup show towards their erstwhile partner.

        --John R.

      • Mike Foster
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8, 2014
          I’ve never witnessed an “amiable divorce.”

          Mike

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 9, 2014
            I actually have seen a few "amiable divorces" but the folks involved weren't a) the most passionate to begin with nor b) religious. I figure all of us are sinners and divorce can certainly get ugly - shoot, I should know, having been blindsided by the most hostile destruction of a marriage that I'm personally aware of. It doesn't particularly matter if Joy would have pleased anyone here as a partner; she pleased Jack and brought new elements to his life. Til We Have Faces owes a great deal to Joy (Jack considered her the co-author; the publisher declined).

              -- Lynn --
          • Jeanette Rost
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 9, 2014
              My own divorce was very amiable; I signed over my half of a house in a very nice neighborhood in San Antonio for $10 (legally required to make the contract valid), and took only personal items such as clothing, an inexpensive stereo system and two cats.  And I know of one other amiable divorce that involved - amazingly - a lawyer husband.

              But although I'm in my sixties now, I can't think of another divorce that I know was amiable, due to knowing the parties personally.

              Jeanette