One-day rate for MythCon?

  • Alana Joli Abbott
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2014
      Hello all,

      I finally read the progress report for MythCon this year and again checked the website, but I don't yet see a rate for a single day's attendance, and I didn't find a rate for adding the dinner at which the MFAs will be announced. Did I miss this information somewhere?

      Thanks in advance for any help tracking it all down! I'm local enough that I'd like to come for a day, but I definitely can't make the whole weekend.

      -Alana

      Author of "The Redemption Trilogy" http://tinyurl.com/aja-redemption
      Author of apps Choice of Kung Fu and Showdown at Willow Creek http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
      Contributor to Tales of Rosuto Shima http://tinyurl.com/aja-talesrs
    • lynnmaudlin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2014
        Alana, I don't think Mike (Drout, the chair of this year's Mythcon) has set the day rate yet but it's likely to be somewhere around $40-50 for Saturday or Sunday because last year's day rate was $50...

        Banquet tickets are available on the room & board page - scroll down, it's at the bottom

        I hope to see you there!

          -- Lynn --

      • Alana Joli Abbott

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 9, 2014
            Of course, I'd love to see you come to the whole thing (!!) - there will be lots of good programming all four days but especially Saturday and Sunday, just because they're full days. Saturday morning at opening ceremonies our Scholar GOH Richard C West will give his plenary talk; after the banquet we'll present the Mythopoeic Awards and then Ursula Vernon, our author/artist GOH, will give her plenary talk, so that may help you decide which is going to work for you--

            See you in August, God willing and the creek don't rise!

              -- Lynn --