Re: [mythsoc] Re: Cold Poe

  • Sophie Masson
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2000
      I actually used POe's strange novella The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym in
      my own 1997 novel, The Hoax(Minerva, Random House Australia).
      Sophie
      Author site:
      http://members.xoom.com/sophiecastel/default.htm

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2000
        Roger Corman is where a lot of people in LA get their start, IF
        they can put up with him. Because he's cheap, he hires the young
        and inexperienced. But ask him for more money and you're out. But
        people have to start somewhere and Roger was willing to give you
        that start. And he will creative support you, even though the
        money isn't always the best. Which means, if you have the talent,
        you can usually get something nice to put in your portfolio.
        Which is why a lot of famous names started there. And he does
        have a good sense of horror and a so-so sense of SF. So he is
        liked by fans of the genre though rarely does he do Great Works.

        His best work was with Price, usually doing Poe. Oh, and Little
        Shop of Horrors.

        Lisa