Re: [mythsoc] Similar Books

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2000
      On Tue, 3 Oct 2000 ERATRIANO@... wrote:

      > I have found that Tepper can require a bit of fortitude to read and survive
      > the hauntings. I don't think "enjoy" is quite the word to use in regard to
      > her books, but I would read several of them again. Should I then avoid
      > Peake, if I have such a frail spirit? LOL

      Goodness no. If one needs fortitude to read Tepper, it's because she's
      trying to argue a philosophical position in her books (something she
      shares with Lewis, though their positions are different). Peake is not,
      and I'm sure Alexei is referring to a quite different type of similarity.

      David Bratman
    • ERATRIANO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2000
        In a message dated 10/03/2000 2:07:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        dbratman@... writes:

        << If one needs fortitude to read Tepper, it's because she's
        trying to argue a philosophical position in her books (something she
        shares with Lewis, though their positions are different). Peake is not,
        and I'm sure Alexei is referring to a quite different type of similarity. >>

        Oh, I don't know if that's what I need the energy for. It's more against the
        gruesome images, which could be argued, however, as being part of her
        rhetoric.

        Lizzie