housing at Mythcon

  • John Rateliff
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 20, 2014
      Just wanted to ask, has any information been posted yet about housing at this year's Mythcon? The website gives rates for "conference registration" and "full conference registration", both of which seem to cost the same. I assume this does not include room and meals, but I could find no indication of how much they would be. Are there any off-site options?

      Given that we're just days away from a price-bump, it'd be nice to know what the costs and options are.

      Any information much appreciated.

      --John R.
    • Alana Joli Abbott
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 21, 2014
        On a similar note, do we ever offer one-day rates? I won't be able to spend the weekend at the convention, but I'm close enough I'd like to come up for a day and get some face time with all you lovely people whose names appear in my inbox and Facebook so regularly. :)

        -Alana

        On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 1:27 PM, John Rateliff <sacnoth@...> wrote:

        Just wanted to ask, has any information been posted yet about housing at this year's Mythcon? The website gives rates for "conference registration" and "full conference registration", both of which seem to cost the same. I assume this does not include room and meals, but I could find no indication of how much they would be. Are there any off-site options?

        Given that we're just days away from a price-bump, it'd be nice to know what the costs and options are.

        Any information much appreciated.

        --John R.

        Author of "The Redemption Trilogy" http://tinyurl.com/aja-redemption
        Author of apps Choice of Kung Fu and Showdown at Willow Creek http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
        Contributor to Tales of Rosuto Shima http://tinyurl.com/aja-talesrs
      • Margaret Dean
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 21, 2014
          My son was asking about one-day rates too, while he was visiting here earlier in the month.  We'd been rocking the house singing with my guitar and his mandolin, and mused about taking the act on the road to a Mythcon Bardic Circle.

          Of course, he's a college student and would get a discounted rate anyway...

          --Margaret Dean

          On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 7:29 AM, Alana Joli Abbott <alanajoli@...> wrote:

[...]

        • lynnmaudlin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 21, 2014
            Hi John,

            "Full Conference Registration" is simply the label used for the PayPal links; the different prices reflect different *kinds* of conference membership: MythSoc members have a reduced rate (one of the benefits of MythSoc membership) as do students.

            As you can see, all the Mythcon membership rates *increase* on January 26th, so no time like the present!

            We do not yet have room & board prices (soon, though) and I'll post here when they're available. I have no information about possible offsite housing.

              -- Lynn --
          • lynnmaudlin
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 21, 2014
              One day memberships at Mythcon 44 were $50 at the door; I expect Mythcon 45 will have a similar rate for Saturday & Sunday anyway; Friday & Monday typically have less expensive rates because they're half days. FWIW, it's always less expensive to buy a full membership than pay for Sat & Sun as single days.

                -- Lynn --

            • Alana Joli Abbott