Pullman appearance

  • Eleanor Farrell
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
      (with apologies for those of you who don't live in the SF Bay Area....)

      PHILIP PULLMAN ***
      --- reading & booksigning for "Amber Spyglass" - October 17, 7 pm
      *** this event will take place at the French American Intl. School (151 Oak
      Street, San Francisco) -- sponsored by Booksmith Bookstore

      Join us for an evening with Philip Pullman as he reads from his eagerly
      awaited "The Amber Spyglass" (hardback, $19.95), the final volume in the
      bestselling trilogy which includes "The Golden Compass" and "The Subtle
      Knife." Dazzling in its complexity, this new book introduces us to the
      Mulefa, mysterious wheeled creatures; Gallivespians, cunning spymasters;
      and Metatron, a fierce and mighty angel. If you love the Harry Potter books
      and are looking for something to read - think of Phillip Pullman.

      ----
      Ellie

      Eleanor M. Farrell
      Editor, Mythprint
      P.O. Box 320486
      San Francisco, CA 94132-0486
      E-mail: emfarrell@...

      Mythprint: Mythopoeic Society newsletter
    • Sophie Masson
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
        Gee, that'd be great!! I'm really looking forward to the book--I think PP is
        possibly the best children's writer at the moment. Has anyone read his take
        on the Cinderella story, _I was a Rat; or The Scarlet Slipper_? Brilliant!
        And rather disturbing.
        Incidentally, on another topic, Maurice Sendak illustrated MacDonald's The
        Golden Key too; I've got a copy of it, it is a beautiful book.
        Sophie Masson
        Author site:
        http://members.xoom.com/sophiecastel/default.htm