Re: Narnia films

  • Margaret L. Carter
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2013
      <Margaret did you ever watch the old pbs versions of the narnea searies? I
      remember watching them in the late 80's.>
      Yes, I love those; we have them. (I think they were originally made by the BBC.) I was so disappointed that they didn't do any of the books after THE SILVER CHAIR. IMO, the scripts are excellent -- except that their version of PRINCE        CASPIAN is too short, so they left out too much. I was looking forward to seeing the missing bits in the big-screen      film, and instead all the extra time was consumed by that ridiculous storming-the-castle sequence invented for the     movie.

      What I'd hoped to see in the theatrical movies were scripts as good as the ones for the TV productions but with better  special effects.

      Margaret Carter
    • Mich
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 16, 2013
        I loved the silver chair. I never saw prince caspion the tv version I meen. I did see the lion the witch and the wardrobe though. that version dun by the bbc was quite well dun. from Mich