[Fwd: jrrt movies]

  • Edith Crowe
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2000
      Something of interest if you plan to fly on United this month....

      Edith

      "Scott S. Smith" wrote:

      > FYI, I belonged to The Mythopoeic Society in the late 60s--back then,
      > I published several Tolkien fan mags. I'm now a freelance writer and
      > did an article about Tolkien's work habits in the 7/8/99 Investor's
      > Business Daily. I've now been assigned to write a major feature on him
      > and his works for the 10/01 Hemispheres, the United Airlines mag with
      > 2 million readers, timed just before the release of the first movie at
      > Christmas. Scott S. Smith
    • David S. Bratman
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 29, 2000
        October of next year, actually. Sigh, but patience *is* a virtue ...

        David Bratman

      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 29, 2000
          In a message dated 9/29/00 6:41:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
          dbratman@... writes:

          > October of next year, actually. Sigh, but patience *is* a virtue ...

          You mean United doesn't do time-travel yet? Sigh!

          Mary S, who arrived home from Japan in late '99 some hours before she left.
        • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 29, 2000
            Trying to write down "Leaving at 6 PM Arriving at 3 PM" in my
            Lotus Organizer was an interesting experience when we flew back
            from Australia last year <g>. Almost as weird was trying to
            explain to it that the flight to Australia took two days.

            Nothing like a 14 hour flight in which you arrive 3 hours before
            you left to really mess up your body. I'll never complain about
            west coast to east coast again.

            Lisa

            Stolzi@... wrote:

            > In a message dated 9/29/00 6:41:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
            > dbratman@... writes:
            >

            > > October of next year, actually. Sigh, but patience *is* a
            > virtue ...
            >
            > You mean United doesn't do time-travel yet? Sigh!
            >
            > Mary S, who arrived home from Japan in late '99 some hours
            > before she left.

          • Trudy Shaw
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 13, 2000
              Could someone(s) please clarify for me the scheduled release date for The
              Fellowship of the Ring movie? I had thought, too, that it was set for
              Christmas 2001 -- the "official" Newline Cinema website still gives that
              date. Has it been moved up to October? Or can a movie be released as early
              as October and still be considered a "Christmas movie"?

              I'm obviously confused and would like to get it sorted out (as much as
              possible, realizing how things can change) as I'm planning a discussion
              group with the purpose of leading up to the movie. Help! (Please?)

              -- Trudy Shaw