FWD: Change to advertising placement

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25 8:22 PM
      ----- Forwarded Message Starts Here -----

      Hi there!

      On behalf of Yahoo!, I have some good news to report.

      We have heard your feedback loud and clear on the recent changes to the
      eGroups advertising placement. Effective immediately, advertising in most
      eGroups has been relocated to the bottom of email correspondence.

      The only exceptions to this rule are Announcement groups and Adult areas of
      the service. Calendar reminders and horoscopes will also remain unchanged.

      Building your trust is paramount to the Yahoo! experience. You should know
      that the decision to move email ads to the top was made prior to Yahoo!'s
      acquisition of eGroups. Once the acquisition was complete, Yahoo! evaluated
      this move, listened to our users, and decided to change this policy.

      As many of you have pointed out, advertising is what allows eGroups and
      Yahoo to continue to provide these services to you. Over time, we will
      continue to review new ways of operating the service, but we pledge to
      communicate and solicit feedback from you as we evolve the eGroups service.

      If you have any questions or problems, you can always contact our Customer
      Care department.

      Thanks, as always, for participating in this forum and being a part of our
      community.

      Mark
      mark everett hull
      senior producer, yahoo! communications
      markh@...

      Yahoo! - eGroups Merger Help Center and FAQ:
      http://help.yahoo.com/help/egroups

      ----- Forwarded Message Ends Here -----
      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
      List Administrator for DocEx, Mythsoc, MNSCBWI and