speaking of similar things...

  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2000
      is there such a thing as a poet similar to Gerard Manley Hopkins? I am
      thinking of his use of language, the rolling alliterations and the religious
      imagery. Although I'd settle for wonderful use of language, alliteration,
      and a certain surrealism.

      Lizzie
    • Madame K
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 25, 2000
        Humbert Wolfe, AE (George William Russell), Stephen Crane, & Ralph Hodgson
        come to mind.

        Get ahold of a copy of "An Anthology of Modern American & British Poetry"
        (unabridged version, 40's edition) edited by Louis Untermeyer. (Try your
        library). This should give you enough of a taste of these and other poets
        for you to know which ones you want to follow up on.

        Let us know if you find what you are looking for!

        Mary Jo

        http://profiles.msn.com