Table of contents for Mythlore, Fall 2013

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2013

      Table of Contents for MYTHLORE, Issue 123, Volume 32,  Number 1, Fall/Winter 2013:

      Fairy Elements in British Literary Writings in the Decade Following the Cottingley Fairy Photographs Episode

                  Douglas A. Anderson

      How Trees Behave—Or Do They?

             Verlyn Flieger

      Listening as Heroic Action in L’Engle’s A Swiftly Tilting Planet

                  Cara-Joy Steem

      J.R.R. Tolkien, Fanfiction, and “The Freedom of the Reader”

                  Megan B. Abrahamson

      Troy and the Rings: Tolkien and the Medieval Myth of England

                  Michael Livingston

      Tolkien’s Devices: The Heraldry of Middle-earth

                  Jamie McGregor

      Theological Reticence and Moral Radiance: Notes on Tolkien, Levinas, and Inuit Cosmology

                  Catherine Madsen

      The Hobbit and The Father Christmas Letters

                  Kris Swank

      Reviews:

      The International Relations of Middle-earth: Learning from The Lord of the Rings by Abigail E. Ruane and Patrick James, reviewed by Robert T. Tally Jr.

      Moments of Grace and Spiritual Warfare in The Lord of the Rings by Anne Marie Gazzolo, reviewed by Damien Bador

      The Wizard of Oz as American Myth: A Critical Study of Six Versions of the Story, 1900-2007 by Alissa Burger. reviewed by Hugh H. Davis

      Plain to the Inward Eye: Selected Essays on C.S. Lewis by Don W. King, reviewed by Holly Ordway

      Tolkien’s Poetry, edited by Julian Eilmann and Allan Turner, reviewed by Joe R. Christopher

      The Lion’s World: A Journey into the Heart of Narnia by Rowan Williams, reviewed by Melody Green

      C. S. Lewis – A Life: Eccentric Genius, Reluctant Prophet by Alister McGrath, reviewed by Gregory Bassham

      Issues of Seven, Supernatural Studies, Fastitocalon, and Wormwood, reviewed by Janet Brennan Croft

      There's still a little time to renew or subscribe!

      Janet Brennan Croft

      Associate Professor
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma Libraries
      Bizzell 106NW
      Norman OK 73019
      405-325-1918
      Fax 405-325-7618
      jbcroft@...
      http://ou.academia.edu/JanetCroft

      http://libraries.ou.edu/

      “Almost as entertaining as the guy with a tank full of scorpions. But not quite.” OKC Mensa, after I lectured on Tolkien and war.

    • Jason Fisher

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2013

          Oh, it is! I’m giving my daughter some proofreading experience with this issue, and she said the articles I gave her were so interesting she got too involved to check for typos!

          Janet

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 27, 2013
            Mine arrived yesterday!  I look forward to diving in.

            --Margaret Dean