Re: [mythsoc] Kickstarter for novel

  • Alana Joli Abbott
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2013
      Hi Shawna,

      I just spread the word on my social networks -- I'll keep helping you promote! I wish you the best success with your Kickstarter; I'm really pleased with how mine went (I just have to get back to work to fulfill my pledges *g*).

      -Alana

      Author of Into the Reach and Departure http://tinyurl.com/aja-redemption
      Author of interactive novel Choice of Kung Fu http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
      Contributor to Tales of Rosuto Shima http://tinyurl.com/aja-talesrs
    • James Curcio
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11, 2013
        On first glance this sounds a bit like one of my past projects, www.PartyAtTheWorldsEnd.com (loosely based on The Bacchae, though that tends to slip by most readers of urban fantasy.)

        I'll def share it around to social... though I have been feeling more and more that crowdsourcing has hit some kind of saturation point, especially since larger names have taken to using it. But still we try...

        Modern Myths, Independantly Produced: http://www.mythosmedia.net
        The Modern Mythology blog: http://www.modernmythology.net

        On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Shawna <evenstar@...> wrote:

        I've got a great urban fantasy that I'm trying to inidi-publish. . .. I'm a published author (The Stolen Luck, Carina Press, May 2013) but for reasons I won't go into am going indie for this particular project.  Although it's urban fantasy, I feel it has some mythic elements.

        The manuscript is complete, and I'm trying to raise funds to pay a copyeditor

        The project has lest than a week to go on the fundraising campaign, and could use a little 'green energy'.  If you can't pledge, please consider sharing on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

        Thanks,

        Shawna

      • ftl_publications
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11, 2013