Re: A Mythies First Fiction

  • Anthony_Jessica
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 7, 2013
      Many thanks Alana!
      If you would be interested in reviewing it, send us an address where a copy can be shipped to. Either way thank you!

      A&J

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Alana Joli Abbott <alanajoli@...> wrote:

      > Congratulations! I got the message on Goodreads and marked it as to-read --
      > I've got a review queue to get through before I get to do any more pleasure
      > reading, but I'm looking forward to yours!
      >
      > Very best,
      > Alana
      >
      > On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Anthony_Jessica <herenistarion@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Greetings Mythies,
      > >
      > > In recent weeks Jessie and I have been releasing versions of our short
      > > story collection: The Friendly Horror and Other Weird Tales. Our first two
      > > book as you may know, The Mythological Dimensions of Doctor Who & The
      > > Mythological Dimensions of Neil Gaiman) were scholarly volumes on their
      > > respective topics. In that time we have developed many short stories, which
      > > appear in this new collection. We have plans to do future scholarly
      > > collections but feel fiction is where we belong.
      > > The Friendly Horror and Other Weird Tales is a volume of stories in many
      > > ways inspired by Neil Gaiman, Douglas Adams, JRR Tolkien & HP Lovecraft.
      > > All of the stories have some of each, but the penultimate tale "The
      > > Friendly Horror," is the most overt Lovecraftian tale. The Friendly Horror
      > > is a contemporary follow up to HP Lovecraft's The Shadows Over Innsmouth
      > > and features history of our very own Staten Island interwoven with the
      > > Cthulhu, Elder Gods Mythos of HP Lovecraft.
      > >
      > > Jessie and I had to reprint our first two books since Anne Petty closed
      > > Kitsune Books on 12/31/12 (7 or so months before she passed away) and have
      > > done so under our own independent imprint "Myth Ink Books" which will see a
      > > more official launch this month, we will post that info when it is online.
      > > This new collection is also under that same imprint.
      > >
      > > It is our hope that our fellow mythies will help support our efforts and
      > > enjoy our stories.
      > >
      > > Right now The Friendly Horror and Other Weird Tales is available in print,
      > > kindle and multiple ebook platforms.
      > >
      > > Within a few weeks The Friendly Horror will also be available in an
      > > audiobook version
      > >
      > > IN PRINT
      > > http://www.amazon.com/dp/1491036214/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_Vexasb1QV9P7V4R1
      > >
      > > KINDLE
      > > http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EBTKY3E/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_Hjxasb046HZEH
      > >
      > > Varied Ebook Apps:
      > > https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/341584
      > >
      > > Best,
      > > Anthony and Jessica
      > >

      > --
      > Alana Joli Abbott, Freelance Writer and Editor (
      > http://www.virgilandbeatrice.com)
      > Author of *Into the Reach* and *Departure *http://tinyurl.com/aja-redemption
      > Author of interactive novel *Choice of Kung Fu* http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
      > Contributor to *Haunted: 11 Tales of Ghostly Horror*
      > http://tinyurl.com/haunted-aja
      > Contributor to *Tales of Rosuto Shima* http://tinyurl.com/aja-talesrs
      > --

    • James Curcio

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 7, 2013
          Hey James!
          Many thanks & will do, can send ebook &/or print versions.

          Cheers,
          Anthony

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, James Curcio <jamescurcio@...> wrote:

          > I could also likely arrange a review on www.modernmythology.net either from
          > myself or one of the contributors, with an ecopy. Email me offlist if you
          > like.
          >
          > This reminds me of something I wanted to ask the group- I will put it in
          > another email so we don't "cross the streams". ;)
          > On Aug 6, 2013 6:05 PM, "Anthony_Jessica" <herenistarion@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Greetings Mythies,
          > >
          > > In recent weeks Jessie and I have been releasing versions of our short
          > > story collection: The Friendly Horror and Other Weird Tales. Our first two
          > > book as you may know, The Mythological Dimensions of Doctor Who & The
          > > Mythological Dimensions of Neil Gaiman) were scholarly volumes on their
          > > respective topics. In that time we have developed many short stories, which
          > > appear in this new collection. We have plans to do future scholarly
          > > collections but feel fiction is where we belong.
          > > The Friendly Horror and Other Weird Tales is a volume of stories in many
          > > ways inspired by Neil Gaiman, Douglas Adams, JRR Tolkien & HP Lovecraft.
          > > All of the stories have some of each, but the penultimate tale "The
          > > Friendly Horror," is the most overt Lovecraftian tale. The Friendly Horror
          > > is a contemporary follow up to HP Lovecraft's The Shadows Over Innsmouth
          > > and features history of our very own Staten Island interwoven with the
          > > Cthulhu, Elder Gods Mythos of HP Lovecraft.
          > >
          > > Jessie and I had to reprint our first two books since Anne Petty closed
          > > Kitsune Books on 12/31/12 (7 or so months before she passed away) and have
          > > done so under our own independent imprint "Myth Ink Books" which will see a
          > > more official launch this month, we will post that info when it is online.
          > > This new collection is also under that same imprint.
          > >
          > > It is our hope that our fellow mythies will help support our efforts and
          > > enjoy our stories.
          > >
          > > Right now The Friendly Horror and Other Weird Tales is available in print,
          > > kindle and multiple ebook platforms.
          > >
          > > Within a few weeks The Friendly Horror will also be available in an
          > > audiobook version
          > >
          > > IN PRINT
          > > http://www.amazon.com/dp/1491036214/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_Vexasb1QV9P7V4R1
          > >
          > > KINDLE
          > > http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EBTKY3E/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_Hjxasb046HZEH
          > >
          > > Varied Ebook Apps:
          > > https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/341584
          > >
          > > Best,
          > > Anthony and Jessica

        • SherryT
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 7, 2013
            Thanks for the news. And congratulations on "crossing streams" from nonfiction to fiction.
            May your new press live long and prosper!

            Under the Mercy
            SherryT

            "Shadow Harper" in UnCONventional  http://tinyurl.com/ UnCONventional22
            Narentan Tumults #1:   SEABIRD http://tinyurl.com/bl7kavr
            Narentan Tumults #2:  EARTHBOW: Vol.1 http://tinyurl.com/Earthbow1
                                            Vol.2 http://tinyurl.com/Earthbow2

[...]

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                mythsoc-digest@yahoogroups.com
                mythsoc-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Jason Fisher
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 8, 2013
              Don't you know you're never supposed to cross the streams?! Doesn't anyone listen to Egon?! ;-)

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 14, 2013
                LOL That was our first thought Jase!

                Our press, Myth Ink Books now has a home online, a small one but a start:

                http://comfychairzine.blogspot.com/p/mythological-dimensions-book-series.html

                Features our first fiction book The Friendly Horror & Other Weird Tales plus first two academically inclined books.

                If you are on facebook please consider showing some Mythie support and liking the page for our new book:
                https://www.facebook.com/TheFriendlyHorror

                Cheers!
                Anthony