Re: [mythsoc] Passing of a MythSoc Award Finalist

  • Doug Kane
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22, 2013
      I was very sad to hear this news.  I didn't know Anne personally, but I greatly appreciate the contributions that she has made.  She will be missed.  Rest in peace.

      Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2013 8:56 PM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Passing of a MythSoc Award Finalist

      Greetings Fellow Mythies,
      It has been some time since we lasted posted here. It is our hope this finds you all well. Recently we were asked to take part in coordinating programming for Mythcon 45 and shall have more on that soon as we will be assisting Mike Drout with it.

      However, as some may have seen our facebook post earlier today, (I, Anthony, was at work and Jessie was unable to get online to post here) concerning Tolkien Scholar, Author and our editor/publisher at Kitsune Books: Anne C. Petty,

      Many of you will recall Anne was the 2005, Mythopoeic Society Award Finalist for her Tolkien in the Land of Heroes. Aside from that she had many literary accomplishments, see her website bio here http://www.annepetty.com/bio.html

      We received a private email from her daughter that went to Kitsune Books contributors, but her daughter, April, posted this on her mother's facebook page to all her friends.

      "For everyone who knew my mother, Anne C. Petty, she had a very long and difficult battle with cancer. She passed away this afternoon around 1pm EST. Dad and I were with her, by her side, right up to her last breath. Thank you all for your love and support. Good bye to my amazing, brilliant mom."

      We owe Anne a great debt as she was our editorial/publishing mentor, she took a chance with us for our first book, and had faith in us to follow it up with a second, which won her, and us, an award. We shall never forget Anne and the wonderful friendship established from working together.

      Please take a few moments to remember her and keep her in your thoughts.

      In Fellowship,
      Anthony and Jessica

      No virus found in this message.

    • Jason Fisher
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 22, 2013
        A terrible loss. Thank you for sharing the news, Anthony and Jess. Regrettably, I never met Anne face to face, but we had many conversations over the years that I will cherish all the more now.