more Lewis plays

  • John Rateliff
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20 12:48 PM
      Got a mailer yesterday from the folks who put on the travelling SCREWTAPE play, to the effect that they're now far along on their plans to dramatize THE GREAT DIVORCE, which they say is scheduled to debut at the Danny Kaye Playhouse in New York in September. They also drop a teaser about how they're beginning work on "two new plays for 2014 -- one about Martin Luther and the other about C. S. Lewis". No hint or suggestion about whether this is another adaptation of one of Lewis's works, or about Lewis himself, but thought I'd pass along the news to those so inclined, assuming anyone on this list lives in the NYC area.

      --John R.
    • Margaret Dean
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 20 1:53 PM
        Even as we speak (or type) I am in the process of getting together a group from my church to go see THE SCREWTAPE LETTERS on August 3, at the Lensic theatre here in Santa Fe.  I have at least tentative plans to review the production for Mythprint afterwards.

        --Margaret Dean

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 20 1:56 PM
          Is that the same Screwtape dramatization that I reviewed for Mythprint in Feb. of 2012?

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 20 2:17 PM
            It would appear to be, yes.

            --Margaret Dean