How does one recommend guests for Mythcon?

  • Lisa Padol
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17, 2013
      Having been blown away by Sassafrass's performance of Sundown at Balticon (musical or operetta about the Norse myths), I'd like to get them to a Mythcon to perform it, preferably one I could attend, but really, any Mythcon, as I've already seen them. Who do I contact about that?

      -Lisa Padol
    • wendell_wagner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2013
        Here's the contact information for Sassafrass:

        What's going to be harder is to persuade a Mythcon committee to book them.  Mythcon is going to be in Norton, Massachusetts next year on the campus of Wheaton College.  That would make it close enough for both you and for Sassafrass to travel.  The year after that it will probably be in Colorado Springs, Colorado, which will certainly be a lot more difficult.  (And the year after that . . . well, what's the chances that Sassafrass will stay together that long?)  You'd have to persuade the Mythcon organizing committee how great Sassafrass is, and I have no idea how difficult that will be.

        Wendell Wagner

        In a message dated 7/18/2013 12:58:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, lpadol@... writes:

        Having been blown away by Sassafrass's performance of Sundown at Balticon (musical or operetta about the Norse myths), I'd like to get them to a Mythcon to perform it, preferably one I could attend, but really, any Mythcon, as I've already seen them. Who do I contact about that?

        -Lisa Padol

      • Croft, Janet B.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 18, 2013

          I’ve passed it on to the Stewards to at least add to our list of Interesting Things to Know About.

          Janet Brennan Croft

          “Almost as entertaining as the guy with a tank full of scorpions. But not quite.” OKC Mensa, after I lectured on Tolkien and war.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 19, 2013
            Thank you both! I suspect that if the Stewards look at youtube videos of some of the songs Sassafrass performs, they'll understand why I think it's a good fit.

            -Lisa