free to a good home

  • John Rateliff
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2013
      I've been culling my shelves some, and came up with several C. S. Lewis books (by and about) that I don't see any need to keep. Does anyone here have use for any of the following?

      1. PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS by CSL, ed. Patricia S. Klein.

      2. C. S. LEWIS: THE AUTHENTIC VOICE by Wm Griffin.

      3. C. S. LEWIS AND NARNIA FOR DUMMIES by Richard Wagner. Afraid this one is all marked up.

      4. A POCKET COMPANION TO NARNIA by Paul F. Ford.

      5. A SEVERE MERCY by Sheldon Vanauken.

      6. THE SCREWTAPE LETTERS by C. S. Lewis.

      7. A PREFACE TO PARADISE LOST by C. S. L.

      All are paperback or trade paperback. Most of these are duplicates, and the others ones I can easily do without. If anyone here might make good use of them, let me know; otherwise, I'll let them take their chances at HalfPrice Books.

      --John R.
    • Linda DeMars
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11, 2013
        Dear John,

        I would love to have A SEVERE MERCY  and A PREFACE TO PARADISE LOST if someone has not already spoken for them and/or you do not have other plans for them.  I used to have a copy of A SEVERE MERCY  but have not seen it,  either in my house or to buy,  for years.  I would like the PREFACE TO PARADISE LOST to read. I am not a scholar on Lewis, just a fan. I discovered him when I was fifteen and read THE SCREWTAPE LETTERS.  As time went by I discovered many books by Lewis and have read all that crossed my way - and reread.

        I would be glad to pay the postage if the books are available.  Thank you.

        Linda C. DeMars

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11, 2013
          A few books have been spoken for; here are the ones still up for grabs.

          -- THE SCREWTAPE LETTERS by C. S. Lewis. (second copy)

          -- PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS by CSL (excerpted from THE SCREWTAPE LETTERS by Patricia S. Klein)

          -- C. S. LEWIS: THE AUTHENTIC VOICE by Wm Griffin

          -- A POCKET GUIDE TO NARNIA by Paul F. Ford

          -- C. S. LEWIS AND NARNIA FOR DUMMIES by RIchard Wagner (marked up)

          --John R.