Re: [mythsoc] pagans -- Gaiman's Sandman

  • Diane Joy Baker
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2000
      From: Donander Evre <Ninzian@...>
      To: <mythsoc@egroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2000 9:18 PM
      Subject: [mythsoc] pagans -- Gaiman's Sandman

      > Did you ever read Gaiman's brilliant Sandman story THE
      > GAME OF YOU?

      I have *all ten volumes* of Gaiman's Sandman series, which I love. Gaiman
      is one of the best myth-makers around (and he's cute, too!) Butterbur's
      Woodshed did a round robin discussion of the Sandman series (and other
      graphic novels) for the July issue.

      > Basically, Gaiman does just
      > exactly that with a character who is one of the
      > thessalian witches. There is one scene with her and
      > two pagan new york lesbians and a severed head nailed
      > to a wall that is both really funny and really creepy.

      I remember this scene, and it *is* both funny and creepy. That severed
      head. Brrr!

      > I wish I had my copy here, I'd type out some of the
      > best lines.

      I'll get it and refresh my memory sometime soon. ---djb.