Favorite Mythopeic books and pagans

  • Melinda Jane Harrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20 11:17 AM
      Hi:

      First an apology if anyone felt I was bashing pagans. I was not. I am
      completely fascinated by all
      religions. I am interested in myth and folklore and really have no bias.
      The information I have was from many interviews. That's what I do. I go
      out and collect stories and interviews, especially on folktales and ghost
      stories and such. So I do aologize if anyone felt I was bashing. I think
      Neo-Pagans are great.

      Here's my favorite books of all time with myths, etc.

      Homer's Iliad and Odyssey
      The stories of Orpheus and the Underworld [any]
      The stories of Hades and Persephone [any]
      Dante's The Divine Comedy
      Milton's Paradise Lost and Regained
      The Complete Tales of the Brothers Grimm
      The poems of William Blake [Jerusalem] Coleridge [Rime of Ancient Mariner
      and Christabel], and Shelley [Prometheus Unbound]
      The Complete Works of Angela Carter [novel and short stories]
      A. S. Byatt's Possession, Angels and Insects, and other short stories with
      myths in them.
      The Fairy Tales of Hermann Hesse

      Jane